I don’t have a vehicle, can I still be a driver with Revel?
Yes! At Revel, we take the stress and burden off of the driver by providing access to our fleet of 2021 Tesla Model Y’s. Once employed, Revel covers insurance, TLC/DMV requirements, toll fees and preventive maintenance. Prior to the start of your shift, vehicles will be cleaned, charged and ready to go. Pick up the vehicle at our Vehicle Depot and return it at the end of your shift. Vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned daily to maintain the highest level of cleanliness and sanitation inside and outside the vehicle.
Do I need special insurance to drive for Revel?
You are covered. Our Teslas are all registered and insured according to local regulations allowing you to drive hassle free.
I don’t know how to drive a Tesla - will there be training?
Drivers that pass our initial screening process will be invited to our facility for an onsite training session where we will conduct a vehicle overview and on-road safety training.
Where do I start my shift?
To begin, our Vehicle Depot will be located at 630 Flushing Ave in Brooklyn. Additional Vehicle Depot locations will be opening soon.
Where will I drive?
Our riders will only be able to request rides for pickup and drop-off within our defined service area, south of 42nd Street in Midtown Manhattan. This service area will expand as we add vehicles to our fleet.
Will I be able to take the vehicle home to use on my personal time?
Vehicles are picked up and dropped off at the Vehicle Depot at the beginning and end of each shift. When not in service, the vehicles will be inspected, cleaned and charged.
If I no longer wanted to work for Revel, will I owe any fees or have to pay a penalty?
No. Working with us is considered at-will employment and there are no penalties associated with ending your relationship with Revel.
How do I get paid?
Revel pays on a biweekly schedule, but Drivers can also access their wages on-demand.
Drivers keep 100% of earned tips - no added fees or deductions.
Will I receive benefits?
All full-time drivers have access to health care (including dental and vision) and paid time off.
Will I get to pick my own schedule?
When joining Revel, you’ll be able to select your shift preferences. We work with our driver community to create schedules that best fit driver availability and driving preferences.
What processes are being put in place to ensure protection from COVID-19?
- We have daily deep cleaning procedures which use CDC-approved disinfectants.
- Drivers are required to wear company-provided masks
- All riders are required to confirm that they are wearing a face covering before riding
- Drivers are required to confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms before every shift
- Drivers will receive paid sick leave and access to health benefits so there is no incentive for a driver to come into work if they are feeling unwell
- All vehicles have custom-made partitions to separate drivers and riders
- We encourage all of our employees to sign up for one of the available COVID-19 vaccinations by providing 4 hrs of paid time for getting vaccinated.
Are the vehicles equipped with dash cameras?
All Revel vehicles are equipped with interior and exterior dash cameras for the safety of our riders and passengers.